Currently we create a database of possible mentors and invite you (entrepreneurs) to register since the female students who attend ifempower Entrepreneurship Modul at participating universities from Austria, Germany, Iceland and Romania are looking for mentors for their business and professional development.
A mentor in ifempower is a volunteer who has already achieved a certain level of success/proficiency and would like to share from her professional knowledge and personal wisdom to younger pretenders. By signing a target agreement, mentor and mentee define a binding framework for their mentoring relationship. A mentor is a person who acts as a guide and an adviser. He/she is a role model, one that the mentee can learn from, and one who is interested in passing on knowledge, experience, thoughts not to mention in-sights to others as inspiration for personal and vocational growth
Thematic priorities of mentor-mentee relationship are on everyday-life situations, such as harmony between work and family life, role of females in enterprises, etc.
Mentor prepares the meetings with the mentee and the specific professional tasks to be performed by the mentee. Mentee prepares the “homework” and follows the guidelines provided by the mentor.
The student could work on a project what is designed and agreed with the mentor on basis of a real scenario for what the mentor needs a solution.
Ifempower points out that the mentorship is open for disabled entrepreneurs. Special experiences of disabled entrepreneurs are a big value for students.
Ifempower Entrepreneurship Module starts in September 2020 (but it has to be discussed with the national contact).
Duration of entrepreneurship module at Universities will be two semesters. Mentees are asked to find mentors before first semester ends. Mentorship takes place in second semester. The relation will not end since the mentors should remain available for counselling at least online after student completed entrepreneurship module.
The project-related cooperation of a student with the mentor can be extended by the university to include a component, namely the participation of a professor whose expertise contributes to the success of the project.
- Both male and female entrepreneurs or experts with ~ 5 years of entrepreneurial experience;
- Sensitivity to dual education, gender and cohesion issues in EU framework;
- Interest in benefiting from university research;
- Availability for both physical and/or on-line meetings as agreed with student in target agreement.
- advertising through ifempower platform and communication channels of partners (universities included);
- person or company reputation boost due to academic framework;
- business networking with other mentors and university experts;
- deepening or exploring psycho-pedagogical skills;
- understanding the new generation: future consumer trends and people management;
- knowledge transfer;
- improving marketing and HR strategy.
How to apply:
Download mentor profile template and registration form here.
For registration and any question regarding this call, please contact and send your profile to: Ms. Fanni Bobák and Ms. Roxana-Stefania Boboruta.
You may also contact the local coordinator from the university partners that you know.